29 April 2008

How to deliver packages in record time, Part 3

Many times there were a few businesses where I could walk through the back door and no one would be around. I could have loaded the truck with whatever wasn't bolted down.

One time I walked into the back room of a paint store to find a young female clerk passed out on the floor. I assumed she had passed out from the fumes of mixing the paint, but I didn't see any open containers. The other store personnel were in the main customer sales area oblivious to this girl splayed out in the supply room.

I walked in the sales area and quietly told them that one of their coworkers was flat on the floor in the back room. I didn't want to startle customers into thinking there was a crime scene in the back room. Turned out the girl was three months pregnant and had not eaten properly that morning, causing the fainting spell.

But that incident indicates the unrestricted access my uniform and truck gave me to businesses. If there was no one around to sign for packages, I would leave them when returning to the back room and sign their name and continue on my deliveries. a few of them over time would question me on who signed for the packages I left the previous day. I would normally blow it off as no big deal, inferring that no signature was needed for those packages.

As you can see, this little time-saving technique not only save me from being stressed so much of the time while on the route, but it allowed me to pursue my other interest — chatting up the super hot looking babes on the route, hell yea!