25 February 2008

A cautionary tale for every middle-aged man: part 7

The affair started and soon we were doing all the usual stupid things. We got caught by our spouses through some handwritten notes she left me and I didn't throw them away. What was I thinking, that I'd show them off like a trophy or something! Being caught didn't stop anything. This chick wanted what I had, and we continued the affair and even made plans for the future after we would divorce our spouses.

I tried to divorce my wife amicably, but she was stubborn and didn't want to negotiate a property settlement with me. So one day I hired movers unannounced and moved everything I wanted into storage and rented an apartment. At this point, I felt like there was no turning back. I had just walked out on my two kids and felt bad about that part of it, but I was so miserable with my wife, and I wanted better for my own selfish end. I was blinded by the wrong woman even though I felt it was the right thing to do.

In January 2002 we got married, but in no time this 31-year old turned out to be a psychotic, stalking, nymphomaniac who was insanely jealous. At first impression, she was petite and pretty, but on the inside she was a succubus; that is, a woman who sucks the very life force from you. I couldn't understand how materialism sucks the life out of you. I say materialism, but I mean the constant craving for what I didn't have, or didn't think I had. She was just another thing to possess, and once I got it, it brought nothing but trouble and pain.