23 February 2008

Dogs and delivery men: part 6

On another occasion I had the bad fortune of being bitten by a blind 15-year old poodle! The dog's owner also owned one of Texarkana's oldest and best cafeterias. How she put up with this psychotic, spastic, uncontrollable poodle is beyond me.

She came to the door with the blind poodle in her arms, and as I entered the doorway to set the package down, the dog lunged down and bit me right on my left nipple. I set the package down without showing much emotion, but by the time I stand up I'm already feeling it. I backed out of the doorway as if I were a Cirque de Soleil performer bending away from the dog to prevent a second bite from this crazy dog.

Just like the previous poodle owner, this lady never acknowledge the dog had bitten me; she remained oblivious. Fortunately, it left a red mark which was sore, but nothing more, no blood. But that kind of horse shit makes you want to grab the dog and chunk it in the middle of a busy street. Even if they don't hurt at the time, a dog always seems to hit the tender spots and they hurt like hell afterward.